PDA

View Full Version : Oman Map, my review

Hoplomachus
01-30-2011, 05:17 AM
So, yep the Oman map was released today and I wanted to give my 2 cents about it...

So, two words.... Loved it.

The map is big but not too big... and not manageable to be far away from some type of battle taking place. Either from the ground as a infantry unit, or having a tank battle or having an air battle. I did not have any bugs or anything while I played and felt that the controls for the Helicopters and Jets were spot on. I had tons of fun today and cant wait for it to be actually released..

Your thoughts?

Spectis
01-30-2011, 05:54 AM
needed more oman and less karland. But i love it too.

UnderTaker
01-30-2011, 10:48 PM
How about the heli's? Could you actually fly then in game? Jets?

Lets us know the scoop. I was out of town and could not play it.

Thanks

Spectis
01-30-2011, 11:39 PM
The heli's where easy for me to fly with just a gaming keyboard and mice. But I didn't get a chance fly a jet yet Because people where hogging them.

Hoplomachus
01-31-2011, 08:47 AM
It was very similar to BF2 for the Heli's and Jets. Easy to fly, the only good (or bad) thing is that you dont need to fly back to base to resupply... you have infinite ammo. Although, you do need to go back to base to heal up...

Jackson
01-31-2011, 09:21 AM
A pity i didn't have the time to play it...

Sunnie
01-31-2011, 10:40 AM
How about the heli's? Could you actually fly then in game? Jets?

Lets us know the scoop. I was out of town and could not play it.

Thanks

They are still rotating those maps, try playing it and you might get into Oman, sir.

Trixter
01-31-2011, 07:47 PM
I am with Hoplomachus , i just loved the map and everything about it.
It has everything to make every class happy.
It toke me a while though, to figure out what was up and down... seemd like everybody was taking fire from everybody and all sides, but once i got the hang og the map, it turned out to be really really good. Allthough i must say that Oman, isent as sniper friendly as the old map. But all in all... a great map, and i am very happy that it is still in rotation in maps.

Hoplomachus
02-01-2011, 03:32 AM
Trixter,

Didn't like the crane ?

Sunnie
02-01-2011, 10:40 AM
I soo wanted to play with you guys.. but the server matchmaking server loves me so much that I could never get on with you guys :|

Tidal
02-03-2011, 08:29 AM
I would have played Oman but I could not get P4F to connect to a server all day long so I finally gave up lol