PDA

View Full Version : [TUT]Fix "Connection to the server lost" New Ports

Sunnie
02-05-2011, 04:23 AM
Here is a fix for "connection to server lost" issue:

You need to open the ports, both TCP and UDP 1234, 14567, 16567 and 18567 and UDP 44301 (PnkBstrA.exe port) as well as UDP 45301 (PnkBstrB.exe port). To open the ports:

1)Type in the router's address in your internet browser(umm opera, firefox.. the things that you use to open websites). The router address is given underneath the router itself, and will be 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1.

When you do this, you will get a prompt of entering the username and the password, which would both be "admin" without the quotes.

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Linksys/WAG160N/WAG160N1.jpg
2) Now depending upon your router, click on the advanced tab and find (or just browse until you see) NAT or port forwarding.

3) Now select the service, or choose rule index as 1 and give it a name.

Depending upon your router the next few steps are interchangeable.

4) in the port type 18567

5) in port type select both, or UDP and TCP.

6) in the i.p address, type in your local ip address.

To find your local ip address,
if you're on windows xp and below, click start, then click run and type cmd.
if you're using windows vista or windows 7, click start, and type cmd.

once you open command prompt(cmd), type ipconfig.

you will then get your local ip address. it will be in the form 192.168.xxx.xxx where xxx could be any no.s between 0-255.

7) Now click save, and restart your modem by turning it off and then TURNING IT BACK ON again.

8 ) Bake me some cookies and brownies.

9) There really isnt a 9th point, but I just couldnt stop at 8th :D

->This MAY fix it completely.

Lemme know if you have any probs.

AmericanEagle301
02-13-2011, 07:21 PM
Here's what I currently have entered in but my game still gives me the cannot connection to server error. If you cannot see it, it is asking for an internal and external ports, and then I am not sure what to put under IP for the last digit.

http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx81/AmericanEagle301/port.jpg

Waugman
02-13-2011, 07:51 PM
The MOST upsetting is when you are in the middle of a good game and WHAM...screen freezes saying "something wrong with connection" and after a few seconds you're back at the START screen. I've done the porting and still have the issue. DRIVES ME NUTS!! Hope EA gets this fixed :wallbash: :rocketwhore:

Hoplomachus
02-14-2011, 05:23 AM
Did you post your issue on the P4F forums to see if they have a fix for it?

Waugman
02-14-2011, 12:06 PM
No, I did not post it because others are experiencing the same issue and they have posted it. I didn't see any "fixes". I double checked my "porting" & reset my router again last night and did not get disconnected. Crossing my fingers hoping I don't get disconnected in game 8O

Sunnie
02-15-2011, 10:54 AM
to find out your internal I.P address, since you're on windows 7, on your task bar, right click the small computer icon (netwrok), then clcik 'Netwrok and sharing center'

on the right side in the middle, you'll see Local area connection. Then click properties, and then select(make sure it is CHECKED) Internet protocol 4 and then click properties.

you will see an option saying use the following i.p address, the first one in that is your internal ip address.

if it is set to obtain i.p address automatically, just select 'use the following ip address' and type in as follows:

i.p address: 192.168.1.x (replace x by anything from 2-10)
subnet mask 255.255.255.0 (is usually entered automatically)
default gateway 192.168.1.1 (the one that you used to open router config)

I see that there is a new update, which says it fixes connection issues, i hope it really does. :D

mahari3
08-21-2011, 01:10 PM
OK you have a good explanation, but i cant follow it at all, due to the fact that my modem must be completely different. i use a Westell A90 7500. my setup looks something like this(if you could tell me where to put what that would be great);