PDA

View Full Version : New Update

TacoStain
03-18-2011, 03:42 AM
Taken from Forums:

Our maintenance has gone according to plan and is now complete. We have rolled out a new game update during this time which will be downloaded as soon as you start the game.

Here you will find the changes included in today's update, they mainly focus on performance updates and bug crushing.

[B]

Hoplomachus
03-18-2011, 06:05 AM
Can u connect now nohbdy and sunnie?

Waugman
03-18-2011, 10:36 AM
Nice! Hopefully this update will help with the small issues I've been having. I'll check it out tonight.

Sunnie
03-18-2011, 10:42 AM
Yeah I can play now Hop...

EDIT:Actually nope, I just got kicked from all but one server.

Jackson
03-18-2011, 01:21 PM
That's weird Sunnie. I think that's a local problem with your PC/Internet or whatever. At least my issues all are gone....

Sunnie
03-18-2011, 03:34 PM
If I was able to play it once, and without any changes on my end I am unable to play, I dont think its a local problem. Besides, if you take a look on the forums, ALOT of people are getting kicked of high ping.

If I was having internet issue, i wouldnt ping 240-260 on the AVA US servers. They've just reduced the ping limit to kick a player, in order to control the "lag."

I was able to get on a non mod manager server, and could play in it without any lag, or any issues.

Alex2142hp
03-18-2011, 04:03 PM
so does that mean the release will take another year? :giggle:

Darkco
03-18-2011, 04:36 PM
Closed beta is till 4/2011 and open beta can take 1/2 year.

TacoStain
03-18-2011, 09:47 PM
Last night i had almost no lag, most issues were resolved on my end, but i also didnt get on OMAN where i lagged alot in the air.
Im most curious about the Pre-loaded new content also. Hopefully its the 3rd map?
That is to bad Sunnie I really hope whatever the issue is gets figured out soon, need to get you back in game

Crimson
03-19-2011, 03:03 AM
taco... it most likely is the 3rd map. i went on the F2P MIA Social Gaming Network, where it had a bunch of video's. the 3rd map their adding is Sharqi penninsula (according to a video i watched here on the forums) they might be pre loading some of that map... but not entirely sure. from what i was reading in the F2P forums though, theres going to be updates every 3-4 days (tell me if i mis-read that). so they might be adding little bits of the map here and there until the new map is ready and glitch free.

and for Sunnie.... u need to get back in game... they gotta fix that issue ppl are having outside the states/europe. u might be getting into US servers, and in that case. they should have an option (add-on to site) where it locates ur I.P address, and sends you to a specific server. e.g. europe server for Asia and stuff like that.

Sunnie
03-19-2011, 09:55 AM
Take a look:
http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/forum/showthread.php?tid=15335&page=1

This is one of the several threads that have the same issue as I do.

Waugman
03-19-2011, 01:32 PM
I'm still having issues, but I think it's confined to my computer...? I've been getting kicked out of the game and the message says "BFP4F.exe has stopped working...blah, blah blah", then when I close out BFHP4F I get a blue screen, the computer goes psycho and then have to start "Windows Normally".

As far as connecting to a game, that issue has pretty much gone bye-bye. Peace Out:rock:

VMAX6
03-19-2011, 03:26 PM
I'm still having issues, but I think it's confined to my computer...? I've been getting kicked out of the game and the message says "BFP4F.exe has stopped working...blah, blah blah", then when I close out BFHP4F I get a blue screen, the computer goes psycho and then have to start "Windows Normally".

Weird- not BFP4F, but twice recently I got a BF2142.exe error playing 2142. EA? Punkbuster?

Sunnie
03-19-2011, 05:52 PM
punkbuster it is. sm ppl mentioned that turning off pnkbstrb.exe service solved their prob.. bt thats weird, hw cn they play w/o pb?