PDA

View Full Version : Foul Language in TeamSpeak

AmericanEagle301
04-06-2011, 10:13 PM
Hey guys, I would just like to remind everyone to mind what they say in TeamSpeak.

I have heard increased number of curses in TeamSpeak. (I'm not calling anyone out and there is no single incident that prompted this.) Please, remember to mind what you say in Teamspeak. If you need to swear, don't hold down the push to talk button when do it. If it isn't something you wouldn't say in front of your mother, don't say it. We do have Young Gunz playing in our game and in our division who are younger than 18.

Thanks!

thor60
04-06-2011, 10:37 PM
Here Here I agree totally with that I also have been hearing the same and some of the players don't seem to think anything about it. I would guess it is because it is the way they talk all of the time. kinda hard to break the habit. yes I said habit because it is something that you can control. If you want to.

WRXS
04-06-2011, 10:58 PM
Thank you Eagle, We cover this when we sign them up but a reminder never hurts. Warnings may be given but if you a repeat offender of the rule a simple slap on the hand will not do.

Disciplinary action will be taken, hate to say it folks. We are serious. This is a family server. We do have members that have open speakers and are watching their young children. We do not want them to hear You @#$$ you are a @#$. Nor do we want the YGZ hearing or saying such either.

As EAgle said. We have push to talk for a reason. If you want to say it, then don't push down the button.

nohbdy
04-10-2011, 12:55 AM
I do have to say that it is a hard habit to break. (And to be fair, I do curse with my mom. :P)

I know I've slipped once, but I won't likely be doing it again.

UnderTaker
04-10-2011, 01:12 AM
Those that can not abide by these rules will be removed from the clan. This has been a rule since I started MIA and always will be as long as MIA is around.

7x70
04-10-2011, 03:09 AM
Thank you Eagle! I completely agree, but I would also would like to say that some of the things said aren't just rude, they can be offensive. I hateee hearing "G D"... nothing ruins having fun and gaming like hearing someone drop that over TS... instant mood killer :/ Not only is it against the rules, but you may not mean it as an insult or to hurt someone but that is how it is taken. It'd be the same as me saying something bad about your father. We are teammates/friends and I think that we should all respect each other and act as such. Just wanted to throw that out there, not meaning to get onto anyone at all, I love all you guys, but just kinda pointing it out I suppose?

Sunnie
04-10-2011, 12:00 PM
what does GD mean.. not that I am interested but I just might look upon someone in a bad way if I start hearing words with initials G D.. oh wait does is the first word a three letter word?

Arlington
04-10-2011, 12:41 PM
@Sunnie - I have never seen initials like that, but if it had language in it, it would me 'G#d D##n?' which hardly considered swearing. Anyone else know?

I agree with AE, show respect in your clan by not swearing in our ts. Thanks =D

7x70
04-10-2011, 02:01 PM
well Arlington said it Sunnie, I was just trying to avoid typing it and just put the initials. Don't want you to start thinking people who say Good Day are bad people haha :P

I am a little curious though as to how you consider it "hardly swearing" when it actually has a swear word in it along with a religious word. So, if anything, wouldn't it be more than regular swearing as it is not only swearing, but also offensive to a religion? I'm hoping you were trolling... lol

UnderTaker
04-10-2011, 04:23 PM
GD is most definetly swearing in our TS and is considered unappropriate language in TS.
Like I said no cursing in TS or you will be suspended/removed from MIA.
Nothing has changed these have been the rules for 6 years now.

Thanks

Sent from my Android phone.

Danny
04-10-2011, 05:04 PM
I am the first to admit that being a former Marine I have the language capabilities of a "drunken sailor". I sometimes without thinking have caught myself saying things. I myself will try to pay attention more to what I am saying.

UnderTaker
04-10-2011, 05:13 PM
Thanks guys. I curse in RL myself, but lets keep it clean in our TS.

Sent from my Android phone.

Sunnie
04-10-2011, 05:16 PM
My post was deleted.. did I say something wrong?