PDA

View Full Version : Computer problems...

Zehpickle
04-11-2011, 07:35 AM
hey, I am currently having problems with my laptop. its not wanting to turn on and when it does nothing works properly. I am sending it in to Dell tomorrow for maintenance, but sadly they did not give me a date on when i will be getting it back. they said most likely within 2 to 4 weeks depending on the problem...

i apologize for this long period of inactivity.. if this affects my Recruiting process then i completely understand. I am currently working on getting my desktop up and running and if so i will be on TS ASAP.

Once again i apologize for the inconvenience.

PS: i will be checking the MIA website as much as i can on my Iphone.

Alex2142hp
04-11-2011, 07:54 AM
sorry to hear that and yea it takes about 4 weeks if not 6 had to send some laptops back in the past

Jackson
04-11-2011, 08:03 AM
Ok thanks for letting us know. Hope you gonna be back asap.

A_Lucky_Hit
04-11-2011, 11:58 AM
If you have not turned it in yet how old is it and have you cleaned out the fans? I have a dell I'm using right now and they're great laptop but the cooling fins can clog up and need to be cleaned to allow airflow. That could cause it to shut down or give you very glitchy performance. It would have shown up after gaming for a bit before this too.

7x70
04-11-2011, 02:26 PM
dang man, sorry to hear about that. Did you try fixing it yourself? Like Lucky said, if it turns on then shuts off it's cause something is overheating/a fan isn't working. There's a good chance you can fix it in 4 to 6 minutes instead of Dell taking 4 to 6 weeks :P haha

ItsMyGun
04-13-2011, 01:38 AM
That is sad! Dell too... well I wish you goodluck with their customer support.

A_Lucky_Hit
04-15-2011, 02:59 AM
When you get it back try this fan control program, I8kfanGUI, I use it and it works great with the ability to lower the cut ins so that it never get near hot. The fans are load when you run them on fast but it's worth it for the cooler CPU and GPU plus it's not that load.

here is the link http://www.diefer.de/i8kfan/